Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Postgraduate Studies



When I entered to study psychology I always thought about continuing studying after graduating. In fact, the idea of ​​practicing as a psychologist did not appeal to me, but the idea of ​​always studying psychology. This is why I would like to dedicate myself to research (especially if I can link it with research techniques related to photography).
An area that I like a lot is community social psychology, I think that in the future we should focus on strengthening community networks as a way to improve the mental health of the population, and for this a community psychologist is very useful.
If I chose a postgraduate degree in community social psychology I would choose a country in Latin America, this because most of the theories of community psychology come from Latin America and because they are theories applicable to our context, since Latin American countries suffer from similar problems; for example, high inequality, racism, classism, etc. I would like to live for a while while studying in the country of my choice to also get to know other realities, other views, and other people. I would not like to study an interesting postgraduate course on the internet, since I believe that it limits learning a lot, since it is more difficult to put theory into practice in this context and lost  many unparalleled experiences of living in another country.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You´re right! On this society we need to reforce those colective conections that we loose with this neoliberal system):

    ReplyDelete